Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Fairy Garden/ Gnomes

Orange meadowbrite coneflowers!
This is a shot of the front of our house!



Zinnias


I found this little guy sleeping in my herb garden!!




This guy was a little busier.. though he is hard to see!! Notice the owls peeping out in the background / and the little yellow shoe!!



The beginning of my fairy garden that i started this year 2009!




Little fairy on old stump i love how the lichen is growing!!


Fairy under the arbor!



Fairy gardens are so much fun it is fun to try to find miniature plants and flowers that work well with the fairies..... if you cant you can still incorporate the fairies among the regular sized flowers, i found trayers in Mercersburg, Pa has a wide selection of miniature plants and flowers!! My mom got the fairies for me when she was on vacation in Maine!! They are hard to find in the flea markets etc.... you can purchase them online with lots of other mini things!! Im trying to use my imagination and create some stuff instead of buying everything!! (thats a feat)!! Fairies are known to live in your garden.... so i imagine they are smiling when they see the pretend fairies and chuckle as they merrily flit from flower to flower!!

Gnomes in your garden bring you gardening luck, and they also do little chores around your garden..... even though one of my little guys is sleeping im sure soon he will be at work!!! LOL!!!




Today was a beautiful day in the garden.... the tomatoes were plentiful, the zinnias are beautiful and the colors were extra bright. The butterfly bushes are doing their job the butterflys are flitting here and there and the hummingbirds were busy and the bees were busy too!! The herb garden is lush as well as the coneflowers... i especially like the light orange coneflowers from the meadowbrite series..... the bee balm is starting to wane and the shasta daises are getting fewer.... it is sad to see the flowers that were once so pretty go away but i guess we have to open our hearts to the new ones coming... remember with zinnias , daises, black eyed susans the more you cut them for arrangements the more blooms they will produce!!! Hope your day was enjoyable and you were able to take a few moments for yourself.....




Legend says that hummingbirds float free of time, carrying our hopes for love, joy and celebration. The hummingbirds delicate grace reminds us that life is rich, beauty is everywhere, every personal connection has meaning and that laughter is life's sweetest creation.
























4 comments:

  1. Good morning Beth - I LOVE your fairy garden! Wish I thought of it. It is so beautiful and charming. Would love to see it.
    Doris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Goodness Beth-Anne! Lovely page and what a lovely garden. I haven't been to your place for such a while. I must stop by again, even if you're not home and walk about. I'll probably scare Michael again! Anyhow, beautiful! Beautiful! And the music is perfect. Can you tell me the names of some of the songs please? It makes me feel so good.

    Good Day Dear Cuz! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I see the music below. Duh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, such good shots of what you INDEED have to take care of. Love the Fairy gardens. Too cute. And Beth, it is soooo obvious that you have a passion for this in your writing. Love to read about it all.
    But you still better come to hooking so I can hear more about it lol. I love your choice of music too....

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
call me the crazy flower lady who walks around her yard in her nightgown talking to her cats and killing yes i do mean torturing japanes beetles, have a wonderful son and husband.... son is growing up way to fast and is his parents pride and joy!!!

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones