Wednesday, July 29, 2009

closeup of my rose of sharon bush
this is the after picture of the front garden i posted above

Was not in the garden today my husband was back from italy for 12 hours and off again to monaco so we had a few things to get done laundry, purchasing a new tv our old got struck by lightening!! We did get one now i can watch tv again after 5 days without I didnt think i watched much tv but I sure missed hearing it and watching the news and some gardening shows!! Remember when your flowers go to seed, collect the seed and store them in paper lunch bags (thats what i use) and put them in cool dry place and you can plant them next year instead of purchasing packets of seed!! My marigolds that i planted from seed are doing better than the ones I purchased already grown in six packs!! Zinnias do well also from seed... but if you buy hybrid seeds .. example: purple, striped, lavendar, green etc... they will most likely revert back to the parent colors....red, pink, yellow.......the old fashioned ones that you see blooming most places!! So keep that in mind so you will not be surprised if you plant purple zinnias and they come up red!!! Another good flower to collect seeds from is bachelors buttons.... cosmos.... and its a lot of fun and will save you money!!
A happy heart makes the face cheerful.. Proverbs 15:13

6 comments:

  1. HI
    Beth - your tips are priceless! I love your blog. Wish I was physically able to garden - I can only dream thru your garden\Keep the hints coming!
    doris

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the stuff i am learning!! Your passion for flowers is inspiring me to make the time to "get my hands dirty!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. jill you dont have time to get your hands dirty you are one busy lady.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beth, you are an excellent gardner! Everything is sooo lovely!!! I cannot imagine the work it takes to have such perfect flower beds. Please keep posting pictures for all of us to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the tip on seeds Beth! Do you start them in little cups in the house first, or do you throw them right into the ground? Everything looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i sowed them right in the ground!!! if you wait until the ground is warm they will sprout in days!! if you put in when the ground is cool it will take longer but will come up as sonn as the ground warms up, i like instant gratification so i usually wait until the ground is warm!!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
call me the crazy flower lady who walks around her yard in her nightgown talking to her cats and killing yes i do mean torturing japanes beetles, have a wonderful son and husband.... son is growing up way to fast and is his parents pride and joy!!!

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones