Saturday, July 25, 2009

The beginning of fernwillow.......

It seems i never update my blog bethsbrightspots!!! but one thing i know for sure i love gardening..... especially flowers and landscaping ..... the older get even veggies!! for years i try to remember gardening happenings the previous year and of course forget!! so i decided to try and gardening diary maybe with a little added of everyday happenings... which is mostly : weeding, pruning, deadheading...... cuttting flowers picking of japanese beetles!!! etc. so here goes a try with my gardening diary and daily thoughts!!! i will try to post most days about recent gardening happenings.... hopefully i wont bore you to much.... if you do get bored ...well at least i will have a record of what is happening in my garden to refer back to year to year!! it seems like every year i have the same questions..... when do the hummingbirds come? why do they come and then leaver for a few weeks.... why does my redtwig dogwood get blackspot every year no matter where i move it ( i finally disposed of the offender)!! LOL!! why do the zinnia seeds take longer to sprout some years than others, why does my spiderwort with the chartreuse leaves get blackspot?? why do some things after years decide not to come back (perennials)... so hopefully my onling record will help me with all these babbling questions and i will get some answers...... and maybe my fellow online gardners will have the answers and inspire me to greater gardening heights!!! The sun is shining today July 25th (at least this morning) and the air is crisp for july..... i have to go out and check out the garden and will be back later to report the progress and i promise im going to learn to post pics what is a blog with out pictures!! oh Lord help me......

4 comments:

  1. Hey, Beth! I found it! We just saw our first hummingbird yesterday. I think they're late this year. Must be the cool weather. Also it's almost the end of July and I am hearing very few cicadas yet. They are usually singing like crazy by the middle of the month. Must be the weather! LOL!
    Well, anyway, this is a great way to record and share gardening info. Glad you are doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Beth - glad to see you back on line. look forward to your comments on gardening.
    Doris

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad to hear pat just got her first hummingbird!! Theres hope for me! I had one at my petunia in may and then never saw another. I think this is great and might encourage me to get my hands more dirty :-)
    By the way, Danny tied up my russian sage..and i think he did it to severe...they kinda look like bundles of corn stalks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. untie that russian sage its the prettiest bunch of sage of seen anywhere this year!! men everything has to be convenient and practical!!LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
call me the crazy flower lady who walks around her yard in her nightgown talking to her cats and killing yes i do mean torturing japanes beetles, have a wonderful son and husband.... son is growing up way to fast and is his parents pride and joy!!!

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones