Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Its been so long since I posted and I apologize!! Have been busy cleaning out the concession stand at school and getting it ready for the upcoming sports seasons!! My garden is starting to look sad and fall in creeping in! The plants look faded and some are dried out and some just are not producing flowers anymore as it is the end of their life span!! I hate to see the garden die out... I think I need to think about some fall plantings for next year... mums , asters, some more ornamental grasses etc..... the herbs still look good and taste good!! I need to get out into the yard sometime today and start pulling up the old plants and putting them on the compost pile! The bees are going crazy.... Ive noticed this time of year they are aggressive and fly all around you, Im not sure why or what their problem is... but maybe my sister Jill will know? leave a comment if you do!! :D Iam helping to set up and decorate at my cousins wedding this weekend... its going to be outside.. I will try to remember to take some pictures... the weather looks like it will be top notch!! Remember: if you leave up your flower stalks and butterfly bushes and ornamental grass it will give the birds some food and additional places to hide over this winter... and will add a little interest to your garden for the upcoming winter months... if they get covered in snow its and especially pretty sight!! (thats if we ever get snow anymore)!!

5 comments:

  1. I think everyone's garden is beginning to look sad. But hasn't the weather been glorious? Keep posting Beth, I love your blog
    Doris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately Beth - my gardens always look sad - I've got a whole hand of black thumbs! Love seeing what you are up to though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bees are bored...their hives are pretty much full and ready for winter....so they like to pester the humans....and come out to exercise before they are stuck in a box for months. So what is the deal with the bookshelf?? are these books you recomend?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just thought it was so cute and yes i recommend those books... 2 are kids books but if your a kid at heart you will love them.... she is the best author... she has a new one coming out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the shot of your home Beth. It's lovely! You sure have been busy. I took the time last week and got rid of all my dead flowers and all my pots are pretty much put away. I'm sure it's sad for you since you spend so much time with it. Sounds like a good idea to think of Fall flowers for yourself since you like to putter around.
    Hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
call me the crazy flower lady who walks around her yard in her nightgown talking to her cats and killing yes i do mean torturing japanes beetles, have a wonderful son and husband.... son is growing up way to fast and is his parents pride and joy!!!

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones