Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Hardy Hibiscus Bush
My mom had this lovely bush in her yard and I had to take a picture for the blog (keep up the good gardening work )!! Ive been really busy in the garden the past couple of days , weeding is a never ending job.... deadheading...... and i found a black beetle like bug on my tomatoe plants and reasearched before I killed them (just in case they were good bugs)!! LOL!!! but they were not they were black blister bugs... they will eat off all the leaves of your tomatoe plants and kill the plant... and if you touch them or the sticky substance they secrete you will get painful blisters on your hands!!! (sure glad I researched before i touched them)!! I heard if you sprinkle them with flour they will fall to the ground and their wings will get gummed up, i tried it and it worked... but i saw another one in the garden today.. i will post a picture for your info as soon as i get one! Remember to keep your pots watered everyday and fed with miracle gro once a week as the plants are very mature and are using up all the space in the pot so dont skip a day watering unless in rains.... in the next week or so i should have some gardening pictures hopefully of a different place and climate unlike where we live....!!!! In the meantime remember to water, feed and love your garden!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Beth, Glad you posted your blog. I love the gardening tips. Please keep this blog going. Hope to see you in Chambersburg this Thursday.

    doris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Beth, I am sooo glad you don't know where I live!! ALL my plants on my porch are dead! Need to get out there and throw them all away. I'm sure it would look better than it does now! I admire your dedication to your garden. It is just lovely, and requires a LOT of work!!
    Hope to see you on Thursday. Heck if you don't want to bring hooking, bring a potted plant so you have something to water!!!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
call me the crazy flower lady who walks around her yard in her nightgown talking to her cats and killing yes i do mean torturing japanes beetles, have a wonderful son and husband.... son is growing up way to fast and is his parents pride and joy!!!

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones